clarity+1
grain effectStrong Small
chrome fxStrong
chrome fx blueOff
white balance Auto Ambience Priority, 0 red & 0 blue
isoup to 12,800 (up to 3200 is best)
exposure compensation-2/3 to +2/3

Infos

I like this recipe because it is versatile for street photography. I enjoy shooting midday to afternoon and shoot a lot of high-contrast black and white and color. But I noticed a lot of the time people are in the shade. In turn a lot of interesting things happen there. This simulation is meant to address this. For example, if your subject is in the sunlight, but you are trying to layer an image and a secondary point of interest is in the shade, it is not lost in the shadows without having to boost them in post. If anything, I might drop them. This has great skink-tone reproduction. This is best used in harsh sunlight and in vibrantly colored places, like beaches, parades, etc. I use a Meike 25mm 1.8 and Minolta Celtic/Rokkor lenses with this recipe because the coating on those lenses brings out the blues more and softens the image. If you are using a fuji lens, then maybe drop the sharpness and clarity. I put those at +1 because I did not want to lose too much contrast with those softer lenses. Note: the use of chrome fx causes a strong blue hue over water and anything on the water. I like it in some applications because it provides a dreamy-look - almost like a pro-mist filter - but it certainly does not fit every aesthetic or subject. I prefer to keep the ISO at 3200 or below.